To educate, witness and promote recognition of the God-given sanctity and dignity
of all human life from conception until natural death.
- Increase awareness of The Gospel of Life and how Catholics can Go MAD (Go Make A Difference) in our anti-life culture.
- Support parishioners in obtaining resources and participating in pro-active Respect Life initiatives.
Donations Needed for Women's Support Center
Due to the amount of women and children that come to the Center, we are in need of donations.
There are a few items that we are especially in need of at this time:
-New OR Used Strollers (Double or Single)...these in great request right now!
-Diapers Size 4,5,6
-New Infant Car Seats
If you are able to help the Women's Support Center at this time we greatly appreciate it! Please call the Women's Support Center at 414-934-8888 to drop off a donation. Thank you for your generosity in helping to support Life!
The first Thursday of each month, September through June, 7:00 p.m.
Please check the bulletin for location.
All are welcome! There are eight active members and several supporting members.
Friday Morning Prayer for Life
Immediately following 8:15 a.m. Mass, in the Eucharistic Chapel.
Holy Hour for the Unborn
The fourth Wednesday of every month, 7:00-8:00 p.m., at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church (8500 W. Coldspring Rd., Greenfield).
Go MAD Opportunities
Women's Support Centers of Milwaukee, Inc.,
Provides pregnancy support and education
2051 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee
View Women's Support Centers of Milwaukee Website
- Baby Bottle Campaign: Empty baby bottles, to be taken home and filled with a monetary donation, can be picked up and returned at the Communication Center. All proceeds are appreciated and carefully used by Women's Support Centers of Milwaukee, Inc.
- Fleece or knit baby blankets or shawls: Volunteers make blankets to be donated to the Women's Support Centers of Milwaukee, Inc.
- Tours and volunteer opportunities: Available by request.
- Annual Parish Lenten Collection: Baby items and donations are collected for Women's Support Centers of Milwaukee, Inc.
- Christmas Circle of Love: Requests from Women's Support Centers of Milwaukee, Inc. are submitted to St. Mary's annual Circle of Love Campaign. Parishioners can then choose an envelope from the tree, fulfill the request, and place items under the Christmas tree to be delivered to Women's Support Centers of Milwaukee, Inc.
Respect Life Month Initiatives
The U.S. Bishops have designated October as “Respect Life Month.”
- Life Chain: A one-hour event on “Respect Life Sunday,” the first Sunday in October, in which participants stand peacefully, prayerfully, and politely along a designated roadside as a witness against the shedding of innocent blood before God, our neighbors, the community, and our political leaders.
- Spiritual Adoption: A nine-month education and prayer project. Parishioners are invited to spiritually adopt an unknown baby who has recently been conceived and is in danger of abortion. Volunteers pray for their spiritually adopted baby and mother each day for nine months Information about the baby's growth and development in the womb is on display in the Communication Center.
- 40 Days for Life: A bi-annual national pro-life campaign to end abortion in America through prayer, fasting, and peaceful vigil, held during Lent and each fall coinciding with Respect Life Month. In Milwaukee alone, there have been over 300 families and their babies saved from abortion since 2010.
- October White Ribbon Anti-Pornography Awareness: A campaign to bring awareness of the harmful effects of pornography on our society and action that can be taken.
Anniversary of Roe v. Wade
Information on Archdiocesan activities and participation in the March for Life will be advertised in the bulletin.
Respect Life Presentations, Campaigns, and Speakers
Events at St. Mary, cluster parishes, the Archdiocese, and the state level will be promoted in the bulletin.