Confirmation Program: Grades 11th - 12th
Confirmation is a community's sacramental celebration of an individual's mature and personal affirmation of the gift of faith, which seals the work of the Spirit begun in baptism.
Immediate Preparation for Candidacy for Confirmation
The immediate preparation prior to candidacy for Confirmation is viewed in terms of formation. You must have successfully participated in the parish 10th grade Lifelong Faith Formation program, or for catholic high school teens, completion of your religion/theology classes.
The Sacrament of Confirmation:
- welcomes us and deepens our belonging to the faith community
- deepens our relationship to God, as Creator, Redeemer and Spirit
- strengthens us as disciples
In the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, young people are given the opportunity to express their decision to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation at age 16 and a junior in high school.
Making this faith commitment is an important step in each person’s life and should be an informed decision based on knowledge of the Catholic faith, the depth of one’s faith development, the degree of one’s commitment to Jesus and to our faith community.
Anyone wishing to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation is expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- active membership in the parish community
- minimum age of 16 and a junior in high school
- participation in the preparation program, including educational, retreat and service components
Confirmation preparation provides an opportunity for growth in knowledge, which hopefully will lead to growth in faith as well.