Who We Are
St. Mary Social Concerns team matches parish resources with the needs of those we serve. If you need help or want to help, this is where you can be connected to our parish outreach ministries.
St. Mary Outreach Ministry Mission Statement
“In the pursuit of peace and justice, we strive to be the compassion of Christ, as we advocate for and minister to those in need.”
“Come here all who are weary or burdened and I will give you rest.”
- Pastoral Care and Counseling
- St Mary SVDP and Food Pantry
- Parish Crisis Fund
- Lumen Christi Employment Network
“Whatever you do for the least of these --- you do for me.”
- Go MAD – Make a difference by helping our parish community address the issues of homelessness and poverty in the greater Milwaukee community.
- Join St Vincent de Paul and get involved with individuals in the need of support, Work at the food pantry, help with the blood drive, help organize the Thanksgiving food drive and many other activities.
- Become a pastoral care minister. Bring communion to and visit the sick and homebound
- Get involved in our Haiti ministry supporting the parish community of Notre Dame du Perpetual Secours in Latiboliere, Haiti.
- Help Hispanic immigrants least the English language by volunteering to be an English as a Second Language (ESL) Tutor at Prince of Peace parish
- Help provide food to the hungry - Community Garden
- Help with organizing, packing and delivering donations
Be Advocates for Peace and Justice
Our Catholic Social tradition informs our conscience and guides are path towards discipleship:
“The joys and hopes, the grief and anguish of the people of our time, especially of those who are poor or afflicted, are the joys and hopes, the grief and anguish of the followers of Christ as well. Nothing that is genuinely human fails to find an echo in their hearts. For theirs is a community of people united in Christ and guided by the Holy Spirit in their pilgrimage towards the Father's kingdom, bearers of a message of salvation for all of humanity. That is why they cherish a feeling of deep solidarity with the human race and its history.”
The opening paragraph of Vatican II’s Pastoral Constitution on the Church in the Modern World, Gaudium et Spes.
Learn to Live Your Faith
- Justice Walking
- Engaging Spirituality
- Good News People – small faith sharing group
- Current Issues and Actions
(414) 425-2174, ext. 356