Small Faith Communities
What does a small group entail? Each one is different, but here are some common characteristics:
- You share your personal experiences of God’s work in your lives.
- You support each other to further your actions in a life of service.
- You reflect on Scripture and/or other materials and challenge each other to live the gospel in your daily lives.
- You meet on a regular basis.
- You commit yourselves to being church---on a small scale---focusing on your faith and God’s presence as it applies to everyday life.
- A small group can be a source of support if you wish to deepen your faith and integrate it more fully into your relationships and work.
The small group is a vital part of the greater parish community. It provides encouragement. Sharing life stories with each other gives concrete examples of God’s grace in your lives.
(414) 425-2174, ext. 256